Old January 20th 06, 09:20 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

Default Fuji - film is here! (as opposed to Kodak CEO's "film is gone" statement)

wrote:
rafe b wrote:
"Lorem Ipsum" wrote:
home.fujifilm.com/news/n060119_2.html

Hmmm. Silver halide films. Nothing about NPS, NPH,
Superia or Reala. Wonder if I should worry.

No conspiracy. Color film has silver halide in it when the
shutter opens. It doesn't when it comes out of the fix.

Yes. What's going on here is that the string of obscure Chinese glyphs that
the Japanese painstakingly scrawl on paper or screen when they think they're
talking about "conventional film" or "traditional film" looks like it means
"silver halide", if you just look at the Chinese characters.

What happened is that either Fuji hired an incompetent translator because
their bean counters won't pay my rates, or the in-house loser who is too
incompetent to do anything else and so gets shuffled over to the
documentation department to check outsourced translations "fixed" a good
translation to match what his dictionary told him.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan