Old September 9th 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital
Barry Goodthrall

Default What is the Best Software for Fixing Pictures?

On Sep 4, 10:44 am, "HEMI-Powered" wrote:

shoot, an estimate of your skill so far with graphics and your
camera, and what you expect some software to do for you.

--
HP, aka Jerry

If I was going to do something more complex I would use photoshop.

But I am trying to find a program for my mother who is a novice so
what I would like is a program that with a very few steps could fix
the most common photography errors such as lighting, blurs, dust (in
the case of scanning), red eye, etc. What would really be great would
be a "one step fix" that just looks at the photo and makes the needed
corrections.

In short, I would like a program that fixes photos without any
thinking, (well without lots of thinking) from the person using the
program.

Again, if more complex editing is needed she would send the photo to
me where I would use photoshop.

So, I mean best in meeting those qualifications.