Old February 17th 05, 05:13 PM
Ralf R. Radermacher

humanoid wrote:

Everything I've read online suggests the model 60 is a bit more reliable
than the 88. Is this correct?

Yes.

What should I offer for these cameras,
assuming they are in good working order?

With the 88, there's no such thing as good working order. They only ever
survive the next frame by the skin of their badly machined teeth.

The 60 is far less capricious and since yours comes from Kiev USA one
might expect a somewhat higher degree of reliability. Still, I suggest
you offer as much as you think won't hurt you too badly if it breaks
down within the next few rolls of film. I'm not suggesting it will but
it may.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher - DL9KCG - Köln/Cologne, Germany
private homepage: http://www.fotoralf.de