Old September 15th 20, 12:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Bad Air & Smoke in my California Neighborhood

On Sep 14, 2020, Ed Ruf wrote
(in ):

On Mon, 14 Sep 2020 14:22:23 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Sep 14, 2020, Alfred Molon wrote
(in . com):
How far (in km or miles) is that from your home?

That is burning about 25 miles (20 Km) from my home.

Here is a Big Sur resident’s photo record of what is happening there. When conditions are good I regularly travel in that area. Now that is not possible due to closure of Highway 1 from San Luis Obispo County through to Carmel-by-the-Sea.

https://bigsurkate.blog/dolan-fire-photo-gallery/

Thanks for the link. I have visited McWay Falls and stayed at Ragged
Point several times while travel ling from SoCal to the Monterey
Historics overs the years.

Hwy 1 is closed from just North of Ragged Point. The Ragged Point Inn & Restaurant are still open for now. However, there have been put on notice that they might be subject to immediate evacuation.

The only way you are going to get McWay Falls shots this season, is if you are a firefighter, or a Big Sur resident who hasn’t evacuated.

The last Monterey Historic I got to was in 2010. There were a few I would have liked to see, but stuff intervened. maybe next year.

Savageduck