Old July 30th 15, 12:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

Default Savageduck insisted

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 19:23:58 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 7/29/2015 3:41 PM, Bill W wrote:

snip

Yep, what happens with smallish objects is that I can't find them in
the viewfinder quickly enough, so then the camera starts to focus on
background or foreground objects, leaving the lens completely out of
focus for the subject I'm looking for, which then makes it harder yet
to find. It's mostly me, but also the fact that I'm not using the best
equipment for that sort of thing. Luckily, when something is just a
hobby, one doesn't need the best equipment for anything. I can live
with missed shots. It's not like I'm letting the Pulitzer get away.

Several years ago I was so fascinated watching whales breach, that I
forgot I had a camera. (And don't regret my failure to get the shots.)

I'm certainly not the first to say this, but sometimes a camera can
get in the way.