Old April 8th 07, 01:56 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Summer Wind[_2_]

Default Turning film cameras into digital cameras

"nospam" wrote in message
In article , Summer
Wind wrote:

For TLRs? There have been MF SLR digital backs for years, but I don't
recall one for TLRs. Your link did not work, by the way.

i doubt there's any demand for a digital back for a tlr. i haven't
seen a tlr being used in a *very* long time.

I saw a TLR in use just a couple of days ago, by me. I have a Yashica-MAT
124G and a Mamiya 330F. The OP asked about a digital film-sized cartridge
that could be used in any 35mm camera, not a back. Backs are make/model
specific. Such a thing will never be produced, of course, but making one
for TLRs would get you past the film plane issue because there is no shutter
in the way. The leaf shutter is in the lens.

SW