Old December 26th 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc
[email protected]

Default AlienBees strobes

I have a B400 and a B800. I like them a lot and have used them for 2
years. They are easy to use and the features are good too. I have found
that at times, I need more power though. These work well for a single
portrait and smaller table top set-ups, but I wish I would have bought
a more powerful model. I can shoot a portrait with the strobes a few
feet away at f/8 comfortably, but a group of people or an interior may
require more light for a good depth of field. I rent a 2 light set with
600 w/s each when I need more lights and those have the power!

So, alien bees are good, it just depends which one and what you are
shooting.