Old October 24th 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Wilba[_2_]

Default How to get good black & white from digital?

Mr.T wrote:
Wilba wrote:

You talkin' to me? :-) I'll have a go, but I don't really know what
I'm talking about.

OK, I will accept that disclaimer.

In my limited experience, trying to enhance the contrast between
clouds and sky via the channel mixer can only go so far - eventually
I start to get visible artefacts, posterisation(?), whatever it is.

Well a polarising filter is often the best choice there.

So adding glass filters is less harmful than manipulating pixels in your
opinion?

I said I accept your disclaimer, no need to prove it.

LOL. Good one. I thought that's what this was about. I'm still happy to hear
anything you have to add to the real discussion.