Old August 25th 09, 09:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Me

Default Capture NX

Alan wrote:
Can you use Capture NX with a D700 .NEF file, when you have the
Capture NX2 trial on the same computer? I tried and I get a message
saying that it cannot load the file but I can still load .NEF files
created by the D300.

Alan

There's a hack program he
http://home.comcast.net/~nikond70/Do...k/D700Hack.htm
that changes the model number in the header of the D700 nef files to D3,
so they should open with Capture NX 1.**

I haven't tried this. Back up any nef file before trying.

There are a few changes/improvements with NX2. Batch processing is
/much/ faster. Integration with View NX is better. An upgrade version
rather than full should still be available, even if the version of NX
1.** you have came free with the D300.