Old October 18th 05, 12:23 PM
no_name

Default digibacks for vintage bodies - when if ever?

wrote:

"David J. Littleboy" wrote in message

wrote in message
news
What I want to know is when are we going to see digital backs for
Rolleiflex
TLRs and other vintage camera? I could think of a several vintage

bodies

where a digital back could be fitted. Basically anyone where the back
door
can come off. Maybe when the market is saturated one of the makers

might

take this on?

There's no point. If you can afford a digital back, a new shiny MF system
will seem like a very small amount of spare change. One digital back used

come with a free Mamiya 645AF, and Rollei was (recently, they may still

be)

offering a 'deal' on a 6008 system in which the camera + back was about

the

same as the list price of the back.

But we all know that the prices on these backs will continue to decline.
Just look at PCs. At some point the market will saturate and then (I hope)
some of these manufacturers will look into making backs for some of these
other systems.

Assuming there are still any makers of MF equipment by then. Bronica's
no longer in production, so I doubt I'll ever see a digital back for an
ETRS.