Old October 4th 04, 09:08 PM
Alan Browne

Edward Galarza wrote:
Hi folks,
I few weeks ago I purchased my first digital cam, a Canon Digital Rebel.
Is there anything out there today that will allow me to attach a Minolta
5200i
Flash to a Canon Digital Rebel and still keep most of the capabilities of
the
flash unit (TTL at the very least)? An adapter perhaps? And where, if any
adapter exist, could I locate it?

SOL, I'm afraid. Even if there were such an adaptor, the flash would not do the
prefalsh required for a digital camera to work TTL flash. (Off-the-film does
not work with digital sensors).

Suggest you get a Canon Speedlite (digital compatible) such as the 550EX at the
high end or 420EX in the mid range.

Cheers,
Alan.