Old May 24th 04, 10:24 PM
Nick Zentena

Default small steps - the beginning

John Bartley wrote:
jjs wrote:

Thanks very much for the information, John. I'm off to find one. When/if you
get to choosing woods, let us know. There are a few carpenters here.

You're very welcome :-) !!

Choosing woods - ahem - yes - Please refer to the part where I said I
was a cheapskate. I have some ideas for wood when I build the good one,

Cherry if you don't shop at the places that wrap the wood in plastic isn't
too expensive. Less then oak. I think it's also traditional. If you can find
a farmer that runs a home mill the stuff can be quite cheap. Assuming you
ignore the time it takes to select good boards. I'd think the other choices
would be too heavy. Well unless birch is good enough but I can't remember off
the top of my head how much it moves. Birch might be cheaper then pine. All
this stuff would be rough so factor in the time and effort to get it
surfaced. It's not like a camera uses alot of wood. I'd expect most of your
money to go into bellows.

Nick