Old May 31st 13, 07:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Wolfgang Weisselberg

Default Sony makes fun about DSLR users

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , Me says...
Sony aren't that bad - and should perhaps try to present themselves as
having a bit of class - this campaign makes them look like bottom-feeders.

I found some of those videos quite funny.

As in all bad comedy, you have to have somw writer to invent
the absurdities of completely unbelievable carricatures of
strawmen they put up.

Maybe someone will put up a video of Sony-camera users
performing such usual tasks as hammering nails in walls
with their camera, trying to attach the lens to the LCD,
macroshooting flowers with the lens pointing straight up into
the sky or being completely baffled at opening the box that
contains their camera. Oh, and trying to make a movie with
a long lens at the usual 'arms streched out in front' stance
and the camera rotated by 97°.
Film these clips with an DSLR for additional insult.

They are capitalising on DLSR
user stereotypes (the equipment fetishist and so on), which sometimes
are quite true.

So you're saying a (huge) majority of DSLR-shooters is about
as intelligent as dry grass and knows as much of their gear
as the next cow eating said dry grass?

How come Sony doesn't say a single positive thing about their
cameras? They could easily point out that some tasks might be
better handles with their camera --- they choose to simply say
"everyone who uses the products of the competition is a complete
idiot" (which is very bad form), and that tells me they can't
even *dis*honestly say anything positive about their cameras.

I remember once spotting a guy walking with a big Canon
DSLR + lens along the streets of Munich, with the kind of "proud
invincible owner of superior equipment" smile on his face.

Non sequitur. You can't prove a stereotype of a large and
present group by spotting a single possible example in all
your life.

-Wolfgang