Old May 31st 13, 12:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Me

Default Sony makes fun about DSLR users

On 31/05/2013 10:05 a.m., Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , Me says...
Sony aren't that bad - and should perhaps try to present themselves as
having a bit of class - this campaign makes them look like bottom-feeders.

I found some of those videos quite funny. They are capitalising on DLSR
user stereotypes (the equipment fetishist and so on), which sometimes
are quite true. I remember once spotting a guy walking with a big Canon
DSLR + lens along the streets of Munich, with the kind of "proud
invincible owner of superior equipment" smile on his face.

Perhaps he was a good photographer?
Stereotypes are dangerous things at the best of times.

If the purpose of the Sony campaign was to say "if you're a clueless
idiot - then get a Sony NEX", then they've succeeded.
There may be valid reason to get a Sony NEX, but...