Old April 23rd 08, 12:28 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Pico

Default Enlarger Bellows Rebuild - modern tricks?

"Thor Lancelot Simon" wrote in message

[... snip... we are discussing Gaffer's tape ...]
dust (though I have never left any in place longer than about 10 years,

Only ten years?

I should start a separate thread on Gaffer's tape, but I'll risk comments
here - I haven't found any that was the same as the stuff we used in the
early Seventies. This is not a case of selective memory. The original stuff
could be folded over on itself into a small square and stuck in the pocket
for odd emergencies outside of work. It unfolded nicely without leaving
residue in itself and would work again.

At work they order some kind of no-name Gaffers equivalent but it is not
even close. I have just a bit left of my last roll of Bogen's equivalent and
it does not have the same release adhesive.

It's the end of an era, I tell ya. Today I get funny looks from photography
students if I mention Gaffer's. It's like they are thinking Cut, Paste and
Lock Layer is the same.

So, can you recommend a replacement for Bogen's? I suppose it's Manfrotto
now.