Old April 25th 05, 03:22 PM
Peter Irwin

Roxy d'Urban wrote:
Anybody used these before? I have found a place that seems to be giving
them away for round $100.

$100 is a LOT for a Fed-2 unless it is some unusual variety.

It was made in Ukraine, not Russia. It could be called Soviet
or Ukrainian, but it isn't Russian.

Soviet rangefinders can actually be quite nice.
Older ones are often badly in need of a CLA, and
unless you are very handy, it is best to get one from
someone who does a CLA on the cameras he sells.

Oleg www.okvintagecamera.com currently lists a Fed-2
+ I26 lens for $20 + $12 shipping. That is a very reasonable
price given that a camera from Oleg is sure to be in good
working order.

Peter.