Old April 1st 05, 04:44 PM
Bob Salomon

In article , "jjs"
wrote:

What, exactly, does shutter size 0+1 mean?

I have the lens pair for a f8/121mm Super Angulon but no shutter. When I
consult Schneider's literature they specify the shutter size as a "0+1". The
same is listed for the f8 90mm. S.K. Grimes, Inc. quotes an outrageous fee
for installing this lens into the appropriate shutter, so I am left
wondering if this 0+1 thing is so arcane that it justifies Grimes' fees or
whether I can simply remove the elements from the shutter used for the 90
and replace with the 121mm elements.

Does anyone know?

My 1968 Schneider catalog shows the 121 SA fitting a 0 shutter.
Recently 01 was a 1 size shutter with a 0 size lens thread. An example
of this would be the Prontor Professional which came only in 01, 1 and 3
sizes.

Another example would be the current Rollei Linear Motor shutter which
has a 0 shutter size but only fits into 1 size holes for lensboard
mounting.

My latest brochure from Schneider showing the 90mm f8SA as being in a 0
shutter for Copal and Compur and in the 01 for Prontor Professional. If
you are asking about mounting in a 01 it should be the same price as in
a 0 unless your lenses are so old that they are actually 00 thread or
unless they do not have standard 0 threads and require a machined
adapter.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.