Old June 3rd 09, 03:27 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Jean-David Beyer

Default Compatible Cold light heads for Omega D5V

Stefan Patric wrote:
On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 17:03:15 -0700, Lew wrote:

Can anyone give me a run down of what's available, what to look at &
what to avoid? Thanks.

The only manufacturer I know that's still making cold light heads is
Aristo (http://www.aristogrid.com/cold_light_chart.html). They're sure
to have one that will satisfy your needs.

And a word of advice: whichever one you get, get the light tube balanced
for variable contrast paper. V54, I think. The VC tube will work with
both VC and Graded types of paper. There's even a tube balanced for
color papers, but if you intend to do color, too, I would recommend that
you just get an Omega color head. It will work just fine with b&w and
it's a diffusion type head just like most cold light heads.

If you to VC work, you might wish to consider their one of their 2-tube
heads (green tube and blue tube) specifically designed for VC work. By
adjusting the relative brightness of the two tubes, you can get the contrast
grade you want (and even finer, if it matters, that 1/2 VC grade).

They do cost more than a single tube head, of course.

^^-^^ 10:25:01 up 70 days, 16:39, 3 users, load average: 4.58, 4.30, 4.21