Old June 2nd 09, 07:14 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Stefan Patric[_2_]

Default Compatible Cold light heads for Omega D5V

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 17:03:15 -0700, Lew wrote:

Can anyone give me a run down of what's available, what to look at &
what to avoid? Thanks.

The only manufacturer I know that's still making cold light heads is
Aristo (http://www.aristogrid.com/cold_light_chart.html). They're sure
to have one that will satisfy your needs.

And a word of advice: whichever one you get, get the light tube balanced
for variable contrast paper. V54, I think. The VC tube will work with
both VC and Graded types of paper. There's even a tube balanced for
color papers, but if you intend to do color, too, I would recommend that
you just get an Omega color head. It will work just fine with b&w and
it's a diffusion type head just like most cold light heads.

Stef