Old June 10th 06, 09:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Appearance of the TIFF v. RAW

wrote:

That's exactly my point - I follow a pretty tight workflow in RSP
2006, and my shots typically look great - very sharp, vibrant and
clear. When converted to TIFF for JPEG uploads, they typically look a
little dull, kind of flat, and not much like the RAW thumbnail in
RSP.

As I said, the thumbnail you're looking at is probably the jpeg thumbnail
saved by the camera along with the RAW file, so you're looking at a jpeg
processed (enhanced) by the camera, not the RAW file.

As to your question about the monitor profile being shared by
CS2 and RSP, I fully admit I'm not sure. How would I check this?

As I just explained in my other post, in the Display Properties in Control
Panel.

Paul