Old June 10th 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Appearance of the TIFF v. RAW

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!) wrote:

You should be working on these types of corrections in the raw conversion
process and not. afterwards. What tools are you using? Are both color
managed applications using the same monitor profile?

That's exactly my point - I follow a pretty tight workflow in RSP 2006,
and my shots typically look great - very sharp, vibrant and clear.
When converted to TIFF for JPEG uploads, they typically look a little
dull, kind of flat, and not much like the RAW thumbnail in RSP. As to
your question about the monitor profile being shared by CS2 and RSP, I
fully admit I'm not sure. How would I check this?