Old February 22nd 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.darkroom

Default 16mm developing reels?

Yes, the spiral is on one side only and the other side is an open X-frame,
so that the film will not spill out but you can get your fat fingers into
the center of the reel to attach the end of the film. Easy to use. Also
comes in Minox size. I also have what might be a Kindermann 16mm that goes
about the task a little differently. And since 110 is the same width you
can web search for that size as well.

It's also possible to saw down a Paterson reel to fit 16mm, I was making
these years before JOBO made their little reels. The retainer gets cut away
so you have to glue the two halves of the reel core together with silicone.

If you need a photo email me and I'll shoot one of my reels.

--
darkroommike
wrote in message
. ..

Does any know if wire 16mm developing reels were/are made to
fit stainless NIKKOR tanks?

Bill

www.nyx.net/~wboas