Old January 6th 04, 03:21 PM
Sub Codex

Default alt photo methods:transfer

Hi Angela. I think you see what is going on here with my situation. You
pretty well sum it up when you wrote:

...you'll have...problems...if you were planning
on doing anything terribly sophisticated.

I am in way over my head here. I don't have your knowledge of the
software you mentioned and even if I did I couldn't use it without a
computer. Thank you for your input. I hope I'm not a dissapointment.
8=95)

The photo silk screen: I planned to use a poured bichromate emulsion. If
I remember right from my reading this would work with a "positive"
transparency. The transparency image in this case hopefully coming from
an inkjet print.

I have done stencil-types of silk screens and I've always wanted to do a
photo screen. I am not very experienced in this stuff. I've done a
little b&w darkroom.

But some of my previous projects have been fun and I "earned" some very
modest recognition. Nothing spectacular, and as you put it, not
"sophisticated." 8=95)

I find it a challenge to work using improvised methods when the
mainstream techniques are unavailable. Sometimes it works and sometimes
it doesn't.

I am not a very good artist. I try to make up for my lack of talent by
offering something new or unusual and by fulfilling the role of the
"tortured soul", the "avant-garde", the "starving artist". I am the
Savage of Huxley's _Brave New World_ yet it is limerick and not
Shakespeare that is upon my lips. (Thank God for Prozac).

You should see how long my beard is. I look quite the scoundrel.

Sub Co-