Old May 18th 17, 11:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

Default A few more from Yosemite

"Savageduck" wrote

| When you say "browser", are you refering to Firefox, or Outlook Express?
| ...and what do you mean by "hides the images from me"?
| If they are hidden, how are you able to view them?
|
| Dropbox shouldn't be doing anything with regard to EXIF changes.

Firefox. An increasing number of pages show
up with partially blank content. If you're not
familiar with webpage coding it's hard to explain.
HTML specifies something like an image. CSS can
be used to specify details like position and border.
Sometimes CSS is used to hide content which is
then only made visible via script. I'm not sure
why. So with script routinely disabled, I sometimes
see missing items. But the if I also disable CSS then
I just get the basic HTML and it works.

Undoubtedly more than you care to know. It's
part of the increasing complication of protecting
privacy and security online.

| I see that you use MS Outlook Express, I suspect since it is not a
| particularly good Usenet client that it is not conforming when it comes
| to dealing with the " " delimiters. What you should be seeing is a
| clickable URL/link contained within those delimiters. However,
| admitedly for those who have to use your method, some care must be
| employed when making the selection.

It has nothing to do with OE, which works quite
well for Usenet. And there's no reason to put
brackets around a link. It serves no purpose and
does not conform with any kind of HTML standard.
But it's not a big deal, as I said. I just prefer not to
click links in the post.... Don't ask.