Old May 9th 17, 11:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Should I buy a 6D or 5D4?

In article , Davoud
wrote:

Wally:

Currently I have a Canon 7D2. Lenses include the 100L and 100-400 II.
I shoot mostly birds (with the 100-400 II) and closeups of bugs
(right, with the 100L, but I also have the MPE65). Those are all FF
lenses. I'm throwing away more than 60% of the image. On the other
hand, I like the pixel density of the 7D2, and its burst speed.

So, should I buy a 6D or 5D3 or 5D4? Or just stick to the 7D2?

Firstly, how can anyone say what is right for you?

That aside, if you want a full-frame camera you obviously cannot stick
with your 7D. If you have EF-S lenses and want to save money you stick
with the 7D; those lenses will not fit the 5D/6D. The 7D is a good
camera, used by plenty of pros. If you're getting good results with it
(and you definitely should be) and you don't care about the smaller
sensor, stick with it.

I have a 6D and 5D Mark III and a 5D Mark IV. Sometimes I want a
lighter camera and I use the 6D. Often I use a tripod and I am more
likely to grab the 5D. It's quite hefty with the battery grip
installed. And recently I bought an M5 with the 18-150 and the 28mm
macro. It's an incredible camera at its size point.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval/33826784322/

Here's my M closeup (Nizo lense) kit and a sample... ;-)

http://tinyurl.com/androidphotography
--
teleportation kills
http://www.giroditalia.it/it/live/