Old December 16th 06, 05:28 PM posted to alt.graphics.photoshop,comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
John McWilliams

Default Photoshop CS3 Beta Indepth - Bridge

W wrote:
I have CS2 (PC platform). I stopped using the RAW converter (20D) after

I realized there were two significant (and probably related) issues:

1. Tends to noisy shadows
2. Tends to clip the low end of the histogram on one or more channels

(And yes I set the 'shadows' to zero and tried numerous other tweaks.)

These complaints are in comparison to Canon Digital Photo Professional.

I use DPP exclusively now because of these two issues (although I love
the chromatic abberation correction in ACR).

Any early comparison on the CS3 RAW converter regarding these two
issues?

Not from me! s. So far, I've not had the time or inclination to do
good side-by-side comparisons of RAW converters, but there are others
here who've done great comparisons and written them up.

I've been using Lightroom for a while, and so the differences in CSIII
that might be apparent compared to CSII are even less so for me. My type
of photography currently doesn't lend itself to such analyses---- that's
my story and I am sticking to it!

If I see a good review, I'll try to remember to link it here.

--
John McWilliams