Old May 25th 18, 06:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
newshound

Default Fingers must feel great, manually focusing on a CINE lens!

On 25/05/2018 00:52, RichA wrote:
A long time ago, I had a Gitzo, like a Studex. It had rubberized round lock-rings to secure the leg sections. After using it for a few hours, my hand felt like the skin was coming off from all the friction caused by the lock-rings on the legs.
This guy used a cine lens, with its gears?? Unless the fellow had a focus-follower or drive gears on the lens.

https://petapixel.com/2018/05/24/how...one-35mm-lens/

Interesting. I've sometimes tried this, just taking the XE-1 with an EBC
18mm to things like "big birthday" parties to help stay inconspicuous.
I've almost always been a bit disappointed, and found myself missing the
18-55. The extra light and sharpness of the prime always pays off well
in some shots, of course.

---