Old July 26th 10, 09:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Sony to stop making FX sensors?

On 2010-07-26 12:01:03 -0700, C J Campbell

On 2010-07-26 11:36:12 -0700, Bowser said:

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 10:27:14 -0700, C J Campbell
wrote:

Thom Hogan thinks it is possible.

http://www.bythom.com/

I doubt it. If Sony wants to compete with Nikon and Canon, they'll
need a FF offering, even if they aren't turning the type of profits
they want from it. They'll never crack the pro market without one.

The thing is, if Sony stops making FX sensors, then Nikon will not have
them, either, unless Nikon has something in development that no one
knows anything about.

So it would basically be Canon.

Then we could restart the whole "do you really need a FF sensor" war
again. As Thom Hogan frequently notes, most of his professional work is
done with the D300.

I myself use a D3x. But I have to admit that I don't like using it. It
is too heavy and bulky. But I use it instead of the D300 because there
really is a noticeable difference in picture quality that I like in the
D3x. I guess that puts me in the "needs a FF sensor" camp. And that
reminds me. The D300 needs to be sent in again. It is draining
batteries for some reason. It is good enough as a backup if I remember
to take the battery out and keep freshly charged batteries available,
but I am going to have to send it in as soon as I can get a break.
Ummm, no break coming up soon. Maybe I need a new camera, perhaps
another D300.

How old are the batteries are in your D300?
The time might have come to replace them.

Savageduck