Old February 25th 05, 05:12 AM
Frank Pittel

Shelley wrote:
: I use a Linscan 1400. It's a flatbed scanner discontinued shortly after I
: bought itabout three years ago. I had a lot of problems with it at first and
: it never has been as reliable as it should be but with a lot of help from
: Linoscan when I first bought it (now unfortunately not available as Linoscan
: got out of the consumer scanner market a couple years ago), and a change in
: software from the bundled Newcolor 5000 to Vuescan, it now works most of the
: time. It does an excellent job when it works, I have no complaints on that
: score. It's only 1200 ppi max which makes it problematical for anything
: smaller than 4x5 but I think the claimed 1200 is pretty close to the actual
: and I do 4x5 almost exclusively these days so it's fine for me. I'll keep it
: until it breaks or until Imacon reduces their pro scanner prices
: drastically.

The price of the Imacon scanners are going to have to come WAAAAY down before
I consider getting one.

: "rafe bustin" wrote in message
: ...
:
: What scanners are folks using for 4x5 film?
:
: Would love to hear what folks are using,
: how it works for them, and what scanners
: you all lust after.
:
: I'm doing "reasonably well" with a
: Microtek/Artixscan 2500. The sharpness
: and resolution are adequate, but there's
: no dICE, and an annoying problem with
: banding in dense areas of negatives.
:
: