Old July 25th 08, 09:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Lobster

Default Renumbering sequence of filenames?

Allodoxaphobia wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 13:51:53 -0700, John McWilliams wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 19:30:45 +0100, Lobster wrote:

For reasons best known to itself, my Canon Powershot decided to reset
its filename sequence back to zero, so although my library of photos had
incremented up to the filename IMG_1432.JPG, I suddenly find myself with
a new set of photos starting back at IMG_0001.JPG again. What a PITA.

Curious as to why this makes a real difference to you?

Murphy's Law.
He _will_ , at some point , overwrite an old image with a new image.

Exactly! ;-)