Old September 1st 07, 10:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Dave Cohen

Default New Panasonic Lumix DSLR finally arrived!

wrote:
On Aug 31, 7:40 pm, Rich wrote:
On Aug 31, 8:08 am, wrote:

The new Panasonic Lumix DMC- L10 is finally arrived. However, I have
not seen any sample photos. I wonder on how does it compare to other
competitors. I heard it shares some of the technologies with the
Olympus E-510. Having the four thirds type sensor, does this mean that
the sensor size is slightly smaller than the standard DSLR sensor
( i.e 18x13.5mm instead of around 22x15mm)?
Curious to see how the sample photos turned out using the standard
Leica kit lens. Anyone saw sample photos from any website yet?

Looks flimsy and cheap, like their P&S cameras. I hope it isn't sized
for midget hands.

A limited number of sample shots can be viewed at
http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/1649...x-l10-preview/
The Panasonic website has not shown any sample photos yet.

I am not sure if this camera will compete head on with the popular and
entry level DSLR in the market today. Price range seems to be slotted
to compete with D80 or 40D. Similar to the L1, perhaps it is a little
too expensive and people may end up buying its "sibling" - the Olympus
510 instead. The Leica lens may be a factor in the high price of the
camera, but it will certainly promise a good quality, sharp pictures.

To my uneducated eye, those pictures could have been taken with any
camera, but it's not everyday you get a close up of a horse's ass.
Dave Cohen