Old August 13th 07, 02:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
RG

Default Which of these features would you give up in a travel camera

"RPS" wrote in message
I am looking for an all-purpose travel camera which I can always keep
with me. I made a list of all the features I would want and DPreview
tells me it doesn't exit! Great.

So which of the following features would you give up in a travel camera
if it were your only camera:

1. Manageable size. Not necessarily light, but should fit a big pocket.
2. At least 28mm at the wide end.
3. Approx 200+ mm at the tele end. (No tripod.)
4. IS
5. Possibility of either aperture or shutter priority.
6. Optical View Finder.

Give the Nikon P5000 a look. With the wide angle and tele adapters, it
covers your list fairly well. Somewhat similar to the G7, but more compact.
Easily fits into a big pocket (without the adapters), and superb image
quality, if you keep the ISO low. I use it when I don't want to lug the
D200 around, and bought it based on your criteria of 1, 4, 5 and 6. I
wasn't as concerned with 2 and 3, so I haven't bothered with the adapters.