Old September 1st 18, 06:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default Nikon Z6 vs Sony A7 III and lenses

On Fri, 31 Aug 2018 09:08:13 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:

On Thursday, 30 August 2018 13:18:53 UTC-4, wrote:
On 30 Aug 2018 08:49:21 GMT, Sandman wrote:

So, my current setup is a Sony A7 III, a Nikon D800E and a Nikon Df, and a
real assortment of lenses.

With the Z6 getting off to a rocky start review-wise, it's still a pretty
interesting camera, and easily comparable to the first Sony A7.

My latest thinking, before the Z6 was announced, was whether I would go full
Sony. The A7 III is truly an amazing camera in every respect. Fastest focusing
I've ever seen, and razor-sharp focus at that.

But, all my high end lenses are Nikon, and I really really love the Df, so I'm
not sure I could abandon ship entirely.

I shot a wedding a few weekends back, using the D800 for most of the posing
shots and the A7 for the mingle shots. The difference in sharpness and laser
sharp focusing is palpable! And I came away thinking that I should use the A7
exclusively for all my shoots.

But then, the Z6, and what it may promise for the future. And specifically
what it may mean with regards to keeping all my wonderful Nikon lenses, with a
full-featured adapter.

**** just got really hard!

With all that committment in Nikon, you'd actually consider jumping
ship? What about flashes and other accessories? Can you use your Nikon
glass effectively on the Sony?

Also, I didn't know the Z6 was getting bad reviews. Kind of surprised
since it's so new.

Whiners crowing mostly about "only one card slot!"

Can't figure that one, really. Makes no sense if these are really
"pro" cameras. My Oly has dual slots and, well, they've come in really
handy more than once.