Old September 1st 18, 03:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Nikon Z6 vs Sony A7 III and lenses

On Aug 31, 2018, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

My thinking is at this point, if I ever considered going to a larger sensor
than my current APS-C it would be to MF with the soon to be announced GFX-50R
at about $2,000, but then I would be buying Fuji MF glass rather than Nikkor
FF glass.

It seems that the $2,000 price point for the GFX-50R was a bit of rumor
wishful thinking. It turns out the 50 megapixel medium format sensor of the
Fujifilm GFX alone costs $2,000! So it seems that it is going to be tough to
price the GFX-50R below $4,000. So, beyond a fanciful lottery win I guess I
will remain in the APS-C World.

Savageduck