Old July 18th 09, 02:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default Strobe Lights White Balance and Surrounding lights

"stvlai" wrote in message
Hi

I just got a 2 sets of Strobe lights and the Boom Stand. Got a couple
question I hope someone can help answer

Q1) White Balance
I set the WB to the Gray Card shots that I took manually but the
photos comes out bluish.

Normally I use Model lights and set the WB
per the Gray Card and it turns out fine. With strobes lights I am
having this bluish color problem.

Unless you are using the modeling lights as a light source or
if they are very close matches to the strobes you are using, I would
not expect good results.

The other problem would be ambient light. They are going to
have different influnces depending on a number of factors so your WB
may be off.

In the real world, if you are constantly getting the results
you want with the technique you are using, then keep it up. If not
try a few other ideas. Remember photography is both and art and a
science. Of the two ART is the more important in my book.