Old July 11th 04, 10:04 PM
William Graham

Default Olympus C-700 "battery emtpy" problem

"J?rg Preddimann" wrote in message
om...
"Fred" wrote in message

. ..
Have had this camera a long time but all of a sudden, it started giving

me
the "battery empty" message right after I install 4 new batteries. It's

not
the batteries -- I have tried 4 different NEW packs and same result with
each one. Nothing special happened the day it started -- I had taken

about
100 photos with no problem, then when the batteries ran out, I put in 4

new
ones and got 2 photos before "battery empty" message came up. Same ever
since.

Wonder if anyone had this problem come up on this or a similar model?

I've heard numerous accounts of the same exact thing from other
Olympus, Canon, Minolta, Nikon, and Sony digital camera owners. Switch
to the Sigma SD10. This camera gives you the best battery life of any
camera with zero reports of errors to my knowledge. In addition, you
can not beat the image quality of the Foveon sensor.

--

Jörg Preddimann

There are two possibilities. Either it works with the bad battery
indication, or it doesn't. If it works with it, then there are two
possibilities. Either you elect to live with the problem, or you decide to
get it fixed. Your choice.