Old May 23rd 04, 09:28 PM
jjs

Default MF future? ideal cameras?

In article , Michael
Benveniste wrote:

[...]
Medium format is inherently more expensive than 35mm. Nor has it been
a hotbed of technological innovation. I don't see any film format
taking back the innovation role from digital. Nor do most amateurs
need (or even perceive) the advantages of medium format.

Let me rephrase that to reflect what was said in the forties of 35mm:
"Medium format is more expensive than miniature (35mm). Medium format has
not been a hotbed of technological innovation. Idon't see any format
taking back the innovative role from miniature (35mm) photography.

That leaves a couple of niches where MF could succeed.

That part hasn't changed.