Old June 23rd 04, 04:54 PM
Jeff Durham

Default Sony Cybershot DSC-W1... Bad Camera...Bad Customer Service by Sony... Read on...

If it is not a voltage issue, could it be a temperature issue?

Jeff

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
. ..
David H. Lipman wrote:

Don't top post

Good points. I found the same lack of quality support with Sony Vaio

laptops. Therefore I
won't buy Sony.

As for using Lithium AA's in the camera. There is absolutely NO reason

why you should not
be able to use them. Electrically they are the same as any other AA

batteries, they just
last longer. I buy mine from Sears at ~$10.00 for 4 x AA batteries

(better price than Radio
Shack).

When the camera manufacturer puts in a warning:
"AA Lithium batteries cannot be used" it is there for a good reason.

--
--e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.--