Old August 12th 12, 10:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Dudley Hanks[_4_]

Default River shots - yes, with blurred water time exposure.

"RichA" wrote in message
On Aug 12, 10:13 am, Alan Browne
wrote:

But in the end I can't help but feel that photographing moving water can
benefit from 'frozen', to slight movement to veils. In the end it's
impact of the image that count, not "what" or "how" it is done and not
whether some people deem it over done or too cliché.

Demon: "Hmmm, intriguing...no, wait; BORING! Tear off his
kneecaps!!"

-Buffy the Vampire Slayer

If blurred water is too cliché, what about all those close-ups with blurred
backgrounds? If you want to make an argument for overdone, that would be
easier.

Or, then there's the portrait with the hint of a shadow extending up, but
not touching, the eye. Millions shot every year.

Or, there's the ever-popular landscape with subject highlighted by shaft of
light. Ask any landscape photographer worth his or her salt if their
portfolio would be complete without such a shot, and I'm pretty confident I
know what they'll say.

The reason these "clichéic" shots are so prevalent is that they sell. So,
like it or not, if you view the work of others, lighten up a bit and try to
enjoy what you see.

Take Care,
Dudley