Old March 18th 12, 01:08 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Frank Pittel

Default Making indicator stop

Andreas Gugau wrote:
: Am 18.03.2012 00:52, schrieb Frank Pittel:
: Earlier today I was at a local store and lost my head in the heat of the
: moment! I ended up getting a gallon of glacial acetic acid and then went online
: and ordered 10 grams of bromocresol purple dye to make an indicator stop.
:
: Has anyone here made their own indicator stop and if so how much of the bromostresol purple
: do I need to add to a gallon of 28% stock?

: Just a hint: Except you're doing a 100 papers a day, just use your stop
: one day and then throw it away. For developing film it's some 10 to 14
: films and then change the stop. It really costs nothing.

: Andreas

When printing I dump the stop after each session but often need to replace the stop during
a printing session. I like the indicator in the stop since it reliably lets me know when the
stop needs to be replaced!
--

Keep working dumbo needs the money