Old June 9th 09, 02:40 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Jean-David Beyer

Default AT&T Usenet Netnews Service Shutting Down

Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
wrote in message
Please note that on or around July 15, 2009, AT&T will no longer be
offering access to the Usenet netnews service. If you wish to continue
reading Usenet newsgroups, access is available through third-party
vendors.

Posted only internally to AT&T Usenet Servers.

Being an AT&T customer and a reader of various newgroups, please provide
some information of such third-party vendors. Thank you.

I do not know about AT&T, but Verizon cut off all Usenet except for the "big
8" some time ago. They did not reduce the rates to reflect the reduction in
service. I bet they did not reduce your rates to compensate for removing a
service that could be reasonably expected in a standard ISP contract.

Here is one alternate provider. I have not used them, but I may.

http://newsguy.com/overview.htm

^^-^^ 21:35:01 up 3 days, 12:30, 3 users, load average: 4.24, 4.33, 4.23