Old May 17th 09, 11:17 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Default MF to 35mm adaptors

Alan Browne wrote,on my timestamp of 17/05/2009 3:03 AM:
I've located an adaptor for Hasselblad lenses to Minolta A-mount.

I'm tempted. Anyone use these? What are the tradeoffs? I expect it
will require stop down metering (or incident meter or histo test
metering) and of course there's no AF (no problem).

I use a Sonnar 180/2.8 ex-P6 regularly as a macro lens
for a D80. On a F4 with film it's also an excellent lens.
And even on a 645 ProTL it's still a superb lens.

Of course you do need stop down metering, or in the case of
the D80 just plain old guessing and checking the histogram.

Here is a recent example with the D80:
http://wizofoz2k.deviantart.com/art/...rmit-117452446
(click on image to enlarge)
That was taken with a SB24 at 1/16 manual for fill-in,
three Pentacon extension tubes and a mounting ring to Nikon.

The distance was nearly half a meter away. That is the best thing
about the setup: the distance between the front of the lens
and the macro subject. Good for panicky or bity things.

Ah yes, sorry: I just realized who you are and that
you block anyone and everyone. Ah well: tough!
LOL!