Old August 11th 12, 02:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

Default Has the "blurred water time-exposure" shot run its "course?"

On 2012-08-10 17:10 , Robert Coe wrote:
On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 15:02:10 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:
: On 2012-08-10 14:46 , RichA wrote:
: Seems like nearly ever shot of water I see today is a time exposure
: using ND filters to get the water to blur. It was fine, effective
: in the beginning when I started seeing it, but now it's getting
: overdone.
:
: So don't do it.

Good advice. I don't do it. And Rich is right.

Of course he's not right.

Photographers pursue what they want to do. If that's what they want to
do then so be it. If others appreciate it, then so be it. If they
don't, that's fine too.

Anyone who allows their shooting style to be dictated by the whims of
fools like Rich is even more foolish than Rich.

Horses for courses. Its an individual thing and calling the shot to
express what the photographer sees.

Exactly my point.

--
"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
-Samuel Clemens.