Old December 14th 11, 01:26 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
John McWilliams

Default What is the oldest digital pic you have on your computer?

On 2011-12-13 13:21:17 -0800, rwalker said:

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 20:28:18 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:

Well if we are getting into "old" this is a scan of my wife's
grandmother's bridal shot.
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/Evans-05AW1Cw.jpg

Some of those old photographers' backdrops were pretty amazing.

That wasn't a backdrop.

Quite. But what is the area between the stairway pillar post and the
subject? Is that airbrushing, repair, or what?

Great photo!

If you are referring to the right side of the image, I believe that is a
filtered sunlight coming through the lead light windows. It might also
be an artifact off a plate.

The only repair on that image was fixing a tear to the mat, a fix in the
upper left corner, and some spots.
The house was a manor in Ireland belonging to the bride's, Allardyce
family.
Here is the image pre-my-repair.
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/Evans-05Aw.jpg

Ah, nice work, too!
The area at first blush looks like something was done- indeed the angle
matches that of the light through the window, but it actually reaches up
too high up the post and ceiling where the two meet.
Might it have been to repair a defect in the neg. At time of printing?
Or to obscure something on the wall or an apparition coming down the
stairs behind her?