Old May 4th 07, 07:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
LooksLikeRain

Default In-camera aperture vs. In-lens apertu What's the difference?

I am a relative newbie to photography, and I have been trying to read
some good books to teach me the basics of exposure as well as
Photoshop CS2 tips and tricks. One question I have is regarding the
lens aperture in respect to the camera aperture. If my lens is only
rated for 3.4-5.6 aperture, then will it do me any good to set my
camera aperture to say f/11 or f/22 or is that just going to use the
minimum aperture the lens will allow of f/5.6?