Old June 9th 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Scanning Kodak 126 film with film/slide scanner

wrote:
Hello,

My fiancee has a 126 cartridge of undeveloped film. Do they still
develop this type of film at places like Walmart/Walgreens,etc? We have
a digital film scanner at work, a Nikon Coolscan LS2000 to be exact. We
have all of the attachments for negative strip scanning. Can this
scanner work with these films? I would have to get the film developed
first right? I am pretty sure you cannot simply take the film right
from there to the slide scanner.

Mike McWhinney

Yes you have to get it developed, I'd take it to an independent lab,
preferably with an old crusty guy running it. There are slight
dimmensional differences between instamatic and 35mm and very different
perforations, so you need an operator who has seen this film before.
They probably won't be able to print the film for the same reasons. The
film may not work in your film attachment (different perforations) but
you can mount the film in slide mounts, there were ones made for
instamatic, check B&H etc. as the frame is 26mmx26mm slightly wider
than a 35mm frame. Scanning though should be no problem if you mount
the film.

Tom