Old May 15th 12, 01:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Justice

Default shooting the eclipse

I'll have a good view of the annular eclipse this weekend on the north coast
of California (weather permitting). Lots of warnings about looking directly
at the sun. I've plenty of shots with the sun in the field with no apparent
ill effects on the camera. But now I shoot digital, so how fragile is the
sensor? Should I just put it on "live view" so I don't have to look
directly at it? (Canon 1DM4). Do I need ND filters /polarizer. I expect
I'll use a 600 with a 2x for a nice full view. Anyone with experience here?

--
Alan Justice
http://home.earthlink.net/~wildlifepaparazzi/