Old October 21st 10, 12:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Araan

Default eclipse

"Araan" wrote in message
"Bruce" wrote in message
(A) The Daily Mail is only one newspaper. Therefore it's "Is", rather
than "Are".

In British English, the plural is correct as the Daily Mail is treated
as a company of many people. In American English, the singular is
used because the Daily Mail is treated as one corporate entity.

As Winston Churchill once said, the US and UK are two nations divided
by a common language. He would know - his mother was American.

Maybe due to evolution, in 500 years time it will be "iz d goog xpress
payin
ya or sumit?"

Ever seen the movie "Idiocracy"? No offence to the poster, but it's an
interesting concept nevertheless.

I haven't seen it, but it's on my list of movies to see.

You've not missed much as far as a movie worth watching. Makes you think
though.

Ironically, I think the dumb arses at the top of the chain are dumber than
their workers.