Old August 1st 09, 12:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
l v

Default dSLR Photographer's-Mental-Lag

KILL-POST CHDK Wiki Author wrote:
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:58:37 -0500, l v wrote:

KILL-POST CHDK Wiki Author wrote:
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 09:25:34 -0700, SMS wrote:

MC wrote:

Don't need and don't use so that's blown that theory out of the water.
It's a nice option if the D-SLR also shoots video, or if the LCD is a
tilt/swivel LCD. But the downside is that when you use the LCD you
switch to contrast detect AF instead of the much faster phase detection
auto-focus.
Proving that you've never held any camera. Phase may be faster but more
prone to back and front focusing problems at the worst times. Contrast
detection is always more accurate. I choose accuracy over speed, any day.
Do you want an erratic car with sloppy steering that can go 200mph or one
that can easily stay on the road at 150mph? Accuracy wins, always.

reason I use CHDK is because I did so much work on the documentation
that I feel that I have a stake in its success!

After this huge lie of yours, there's no sense replying to the rest. I
personally wrote about 90% of the CHDK Wiki. All you managed to do was try
to invent what you though CHDK was supposed to do, because you've never
used CHDK, and then you ****ed-up all the information that was already
there. We eventually had to ban your IP from having any access to editing
the CHDK Wiki. It took many weeks to try to correct all your wild
imaginings where you injected your nonsense on the CHDK Wiki. Not too
different than what happens in all the newsgroups. Everyone always has to
wipe up the piles of bull**** that you leave behind after you've been
through some place. You're like some massive role-play-life troll with
bull**** diarrhea everywhere you go on the net.

Not that I really want to hear what you have to say, but tell me why I
would want to run a hacked and unsupported firmware on my camera?

This proves that you've never used CHDK. You didn't even read the main FAQ
on the CHDK Wiki. It's not a "hacked firmware". It doesn't touch the
original firmware. It's an overlay, an intermediate program to access the
camera's firmware which is re-loaded from the memory card every time you
turn on the camera. If not auto-booted or manually loaded from your memory
card each time then it doesn't exist to the camera.

I tried CHDK once. Removed it after about 15 minutes as it was very
buggy and made my camera, IMO, unusable, more importantly unstable.

Again, proving that you've never used CHDK. It's one of the most stable
hacks that has ever existed in its nearly three years of existence. The
only time there are some instability issues is during the porting process
of a new camera model or a different firmware version when users have to
test it to make sure all the correct camera's firmware memory locations
have been found for that particular model and firmware version. Once those
memory locations are found there are no other issues to contend with. CHDK
is used by many thousands of people, lab research personnel, professionals,
Canon employees included, it has never harmed even one camera. A Canon rep
even gave approval of its use when someone asked Canon about warranty
issues. Either you've never used it or you're so inept that you couldn't
even figure out how to use its simplest features. CHDK is meant for
advanced photographers who have need of all it can do. It's definitely not
intended for the typical snapshooter nor typical DSLR owner. Both, one in
the same.

No sense in trying to convince a complete liar of something that they don't
want to be convinced of nor learn about. Or in the other case, someone so
stupid that they couldn't even learn how to use it. I'd only be wasting my
valuable time trying to do that. Besides, you don't even want to hear what
I have to say. So why should I bother.

But I will take my time to expose you for what you truly are.

troll who doesn't even know how to use a camera.

A complete liar? What are you? 3 years old. Who talks like that? sheesh.

You don't read so well. I *have* used CHDK, despite what you believe.
I wanted to see what it was about. I fell into believing the propaganda
written about CHDK. Now knowing you wrote most of the wiki information
However you are too dense to believe you could ever be wrong. Proving
you have never used your brain before. I'm not going to waste my
valuable time reading your brain farts. I know you must be hurting with
the economy and all, but find a way to get back on the meds you were
taking. wow. You need some help. You should consul with your minister
or rabbi or whatever. You're going to blow a gasket if you don't come
back to reality.

Not a hack? Since you wrote the majority of the CHDK wiki, Let's see
what the wiki has to say ......

Since you did not provide what CHDI wiki you wrote, I obtained the
following from http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK.

It says:
quote
CHDK is a firmware ADDON – CHDK does not replace the original firmware,
and does not make any permanent changes to the camera. Instead, it is
loaded from the SD card, either at startup or using the built in menu.
/quote

Ok. I give you that. You are right that it does not replace the
original firmware.

Continuing to read on .....

quote
HDK – stands for Canon Hack Development Kit;
/quote

hmmm. Let's read that again.
HDK – stands for Canon *Hack* Development Kit. By the very definition
of the acronym, it's a hack.

Regardless of if it replaces the vendors firmware or sits on top of it,
the camera is still running a hacked set of code not supplied by the
camera vendor.

Continuing to read on .....
quote
CHDK is experimental and comes with no warranty –
/quote

Yeah. Again why would I want to do this to my camera? I don't do it to
my computer, car, cell phone, etc. I can't believe you advocate using
CHDK so loosely. You make it sound to be the best think since sliced
bread with potential risks at all.

As for the remaining drivel you spewed in your response to me, is not
worth the time.

Until you learn what you are talking about, shove off!

--
Len