Old July 31st 09, 09:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
l v

Default dSLR Photographer's-Mental-Lag

KILL-POST CHDK Wiki Author wrote:
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 09:25:34 -0700, SMS wrote:

MC wrote:

Don't need and don't use so that's blown that theory out of the water.

It's a nice option if the D-SLR also shoots video, or if the LCD is a
tilt/swivel LCD. But the downside is that when you use the LCD you
switch to contrast detect AF instead of the much faster phase detection
auto-focus.

Proving that you've never held any camera. Phase may be faster but more
prone to back and front focusing problems at the worst times. Contrast
detection is always more accurate. I choose accuracy over speed, any day.
Do you want an erratic car with sloppy steering that can go 200mph or one
that can easily stay on the road at 150mph? Accuracy wins, always.

reason I use CHDK is because I did so much work on the documentation
that I feel that I have a stake in its success!

After this huge lie of yours, there's no sense replying to the rest. I
personally wrote about 90% of the CHDK Wiki. All you managed to do was try
to invent what you though CHDK was supposed to do, because you've never
used CHDK, and then you ****ed-up all the information that was already
there. We eventually had to ban your IP from having any access to editing
the CHDK Wiki. It took many weeks to try to correct all your wild
imaginings where you injected your nonsense on the CHDK Wiki. Not too
different than what happens in all the newsgroups. Everyone always has to
wipe up the piles of bull**** that you leave behind after you've been
through some place. You're like some massive role-play-life troll with
bull**** diarrhea everywhere you go on the net.

Not that I really want to hear what you have to say, but tell me why I
would want to run a hacked and unsupported firmware on my camera?

I tried CHDK once. Removed it after about 15 minutes as it was very
buggy and made my camera, IMO, unusable, more importantly unstable.

--
Len